Friday, October 23, 2009

Baaaaaaaa

Noah and I, along with some friends, went to the petting zoo yesterday. It was long overdue since Noah's taken a liking to animal sounds lately. He's always been into animals, loving the animal baby einstein videos more than any others.

He learned his very first animal sound before he even turned one from Bella, our three year old english bulldog. He would listen to her pant and imitate her. As he panted, we would repeat dog. Finally we could just ask what the dog does, and he would reply by panting. Soon after his first birthday, he gave up the panting for a simple "woof". Recently, I taught Noah an elephant sound. Well, I make it sound a lot easier than it is. I tried to teach many more sounds before the elephant but he only imitates those that he likes or are funny, hence the elephant. Then Steve taught Noah the sheep sound.

As soon as we walked into the petting zoo, we saw the goats. Since the goats' and sheep's sounds are so similar, I cheered Noah on for his many baaaaaaaaaas. Soon though, he walked around the whole zoo to all the different animals baaaaaaaaaing. Still, it was adorable, and I'm reminded how much I love having a toddler who walks where his eyes and ears take him and talks as his heart tells him. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment